Great Events, and Great Causes Need Great Volunteers!
We need your help to inspire female future leaders in STEM, from shop floor to top floor
- Male, female and non-binary volunteers welcome
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Signed Guardian consent rquired for those under the age of 19, a signed waiver is also applicable to everyone
- Agreement to abide by the Achieve Anything Foundation's code of conduct is required for all volunters.
The Sky's No Limit - Girls Fly Too! 2019
LOCATION: Abbotsford International Airport
Main event: March 9-10, 2019 - 9 AM - 5:30 PM
- If you can help with advance event planning and duties, choose "Achieve Anything Foundation - general help" from the Volunteer Option - descriptions of the kinds of help wee need may be found inside the application form
- If you'd like to volunteer as an event photographer, choose "Photographers" from the Volunteer Options
- Help needed for pre-event setup and post-event teardown/clean-up between March 2 - 16
- General positions for the GF2 event include: Passenger/Volunteer Check-In, People/Traffic Control, Helicopter Support Crew, General Help, Food Prep/Tickets for our fundraising kitchen - descriptions of the various positions may be found in the application form
Chinese New Year Parade
LOCATION: Downtown Vancouver
Sunday February 10, 2019 - 8 AM-2 PM
Join our AWESOME Sikorsky S-76 helicopter entry to promote our free March event and gender diversity in STEM
Duties include Banner Carrier, Envelope Passer (we hand out red envelopes with posters for our March event in Chinese Traditional and English translations), Multi-Language announcers (to shout out New Year greetings and exciting statements about our March event). Volunteers are given shop coats and magenta scarves to wear (a take on Rosie the Riveter).
Achieve Anything Foundation - General Help
LOCATION: various & remote (computer/phone) possible
Year-round help needed!
Some examples of some of the help we often need: Soliciting for in-kind community donations, poster and information distribution, information research (remote possible), Customer Service Ambassador (remote and/or in-person possible) - - descriptions of the various positions may be found inside the application form
Designated Event Photographers
LOCATION: Various incredible events!
Event photographers are needed to help us tell the story of our unique hands-on diversity outreach events, projects and programs. Event photogrphers regularly get special access to incredible opportunities not normally available to the general public! Your photos will be used in our web, media and social media to attract participants, sponsors, media attention and volunteers so we can continue to grow our free events, projects and programs! Photographer credit is given where possible. For examples of some of the ways your photos might be used, check out www.girlsfly2.ca and www.achieveanything.ca
Achieve Anything Foundation Volunteer Form
Questions? Contact Us:
Unit 47- 20821 Fraser Highway
Langley, BC Canada V3A 0B6